May is Mental Health Awareness Month so our monthly theme this time is Mental Health. Many suffer, will suffer or have suffered from different kinds of mental illnesses, and many suffer alone and without any help or support, and might even be told that the therapy they need is for crazy people, which is not true. Everyone, who needs help, should feel it’s alright to get it without being judged. Because mental health is equally important as physical health! So, therefore, we want to take part in spreading awareness as well, but in the way we do best. By gaming! Join discussions on Twitter or Facebook in the tag #TGCMentalHealth, or join our LINE group!
Thanks to members, staff and non-club members, I’ve compiled a list of a great mixture games that we feel fit the theme! I hope it’ll make it easier for all of you who want to join Mental Health Awareness Month Game Edition. This list includes a mixture ranging from depression and anxiety, to PTSD, psychological trauma, and reality distortion. And of course many other things! The list also includes games available in different languages, different prices, on different platforms and of different genres, so I’m sure there are games for almost everyone to play. Be warned though. Some of these games are of violent nature or may be disturbing in other ways, so not all of them are for everyone.
And if you want to be part of choosing the theme for June and further, send us a message to join the LINE group chat by mailing us, or, messaging us on Twitter or Facebook. One of the staff members will gladly add you to our group chat!
- Alicemare (It’s available for free in Japanese)
- American McGee’s Alice and its sequel Alice: Madness Returns
- Amnesia: Memories
- Beyond: Two Souls
- Black Wolves Saga: Bloody Nightmare and Black Wolves Saga: Last Hope
- Danganronpa (and its sequels)
- Depression Quest
- Diabolik Lovers: Haunted Dark Bridal (and its sequels)
- Gekka Ryouran ROMANCE
- Getsuei no Kusari
- Harem Tengoku da to Omottara, Yandere Jigoku datta.
- Kintouka (18+ game!)
- Koshotengai no Hashihime (18+ game!)
- Shinigami to Shoujo
- Taisho x Alice (in particular episode 2)
- The Average Everyday Adventures of Samantha Browne
- The House in Fata Morgana
- Umineko When They Cry (and its sequels)